CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's Alive

Tink, tink, tink. Hello, o, o, o. Is there anybody out there?

Ok, just so you know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth or anything like that. It's just that I've had ZERO time to myself for like the past EVER and this is the first time I've even attempted to sit down and do a quick update.

Nothing major is really going on. I'm still trying to get ready for this yard sale that is coming up. By the way, the next time I even think of having a yard sale you have my full permission to come up and totally bitch slap me back into reality. Who knew it would be this much damn work!? I've got a section of my basement dedicated to just yard sale stuff but I haven't priced the first thing yet. I'm not even sure how I'm going to set it all out yet. Good thing I'm at my best under pressure. I'm the one that never wrote my 15 page research paper until the day before it was due and managed to ace them all, well except for that one I did on Larry Flynt but I'm pretty sure my professor didn't appreciate the fact that I didn't tear him apart for "exploiting women." It was a pretty kick ass paper come to think of it....bitch.

I'm stalled out on the weight loss front. I did see 133 for like a split second one day and it even dipped to 132.9 about a week ago but that was fleeting. I probably had diarrhea or something that day. Now I'm back to hovering around the 135 mark but at least I'm holding steady there. That last 10 pounds is really trying my patience though. I've been snatching work outs here and there when I can but for the most part just trying to clean out everything around here keeps me up and busy all the time.

Since my last post we have celebrated A2's 3rd birthday. We celebrated early on the 4th because my parents came up to spend the weekend with us. His actual birthday wasn't until Monday the 7th. My husband thought it would be so cool to get this for him.



I wish I was joking because it's HUGE and this fucker is set up in my front sitting room because it's too hot to take it outside right now and the husband said he didn't want grass to get sucked into the fan. One good thing that came out of this is that I FINALLY got that ugly ass dining table out of there that I have hated from the minute he drug it into the house. I really could care less that his Grandmother gave it to him. Fucking ugly is fucking ugly I don't care who gives it.

My sister on the other hand took the smarter more practical route and got this for him.



Takes up was less space and he loves crawling around in it just as much but it CAN NOT be collapsed right now because if we attempt A2 goes ape-shit.

Have I ever mentioned the fact that we tend to go way overboard when we buy things? It's like some sick obsession.

It seriously looks as though the entire Island of Sodor has been thrown up into my living room, well, pretty much all over my house and I have zero say about it. Since his birthday A2's Thomas and Friends battery powered engine count has skyrocketed to 15 with two wooden trains and three take along trains. So along with the pop up and the train table he got for Christmas the year before last, he has a flat track that measures at least 8 feet long set up in front of our television with another one that measures about 2 feet right beside it because he got a delayed gift of a $50 Toys R Us gift card in the mail this weekend and we just had to go there on Sunday. I'm bout ready to lose my damn mind with all this Thomas stuff everywhere.

A1's birthday is this coming Saturday and I have no clue what to do for him. He'll be 14 and that's a tough age to buy for. He's asked for a hamster since during all this cleaning I've been doing I uncovered an entire stash of hamster stuff we had stored in the closet in the bedroom downstairs. We seriously have enough stuff to outfit an entire gang of hamsters. We got the houses, tunnels, the food, toys, bedding, treats, and watering thingamabobs. A1 had a couple of hamsters a few years ago but sadly they both met a tragic demise.

The first one somehow escaped from his hut and the cats caught him and decided it would be cool to snatch his head off, eat only that, and leave the body in the living room floor for us to find the next morning. Sort of like their trophy for having a rocking night of torture. Talk about devastation! Luckily A1 never saw that and the husband was up before anyone else and took care of it. He was about 8 years old at the time and trying to explain to him that Charlie decided to move to Hollywood and no longer hang out with him wasn't pretty.

We got another one to replace that one and it went well for a while until he nipped A1 and was never picked up or played with again. That poor guy probably died of loneliness or something like that.

I'm considering giving him another try even though I told him he couldn't have another living thing until he moved out of my house because I usually end up being the caretaker. We still have a cat so if we got one and he ever escaped it would more than likely not end pretty even though I know it was the other cat we had that did the most damage the last time. She was our mouser. Jesse would rather someone else take care of it but she has caught one or two for us. Plus I'm not sure how A2 would do with a critter that small. He's still trying to get Jesse to let him rub on her for more than two seconds. He would either want to maul it and love it to death or he'd be scared of it.

I've got about two days left to decide so I'll think about it tomorrow.

News on the move. Unless something happens and the inside scoop the husband was given from someone in headquarters was wrong, I'm about 98% sure we are about to move. I'm not too thrilled about it because as you know I think moving sucks donkey balls but if it's true then the husband got a kick ass promotion and we'll just have to make the most of it. I really hate that it's right here at the END of summer break right before A1 is suppose to start school but it's better than trying to move with friggin' snow on the ground during the dead of winter. A1's not happy about having to leave his friends but you know what, I'm not feeling too sorry about that after putting a lot of thought into it.

Here's why, I've tried to get him to either call or text his friends to see what they were doing at different times all summer long so they could have a chance to hang out if by chance we do end up moving and he went ONE time to ONE friend's house and spent the night. That's it. I've volunteered to take him to the mall, to the movies, to pretty much anywhere within reason and he has yet to take me up on it. You'd think if he was so tight with these friends that he'd be wanting to hang out with them. Maybe I'm just that out of touch. I mean come on, all he's done is text like crazy all summer and unless I'm wrong he can do that both here and 8 hours down the road.

I just remember never wanting to be home when I was his age and always wanting to be with my friends. Part of that was probably due to the fact that my mother was a drug using, child abusing whore but I digress. A1 didn't know anybody when we moved here and he managed to fit in and adjust pretty well. I'm thinking the same will be said for when we move over there too. We hope to have the final say either Friday or Monday.

Things I suck at right now but plan on kicking ass at as soon as I finish cleaning up my house and having this stupid yard sale: Guitar Hero. Have you played this game? I've seen the guys play it forever and always see the kids in the stores playing but have never tried it myself until Saturday. Of course I was booed off stage my first attempt but the second time I managed to hit 78% of the notes. It's fun but very hard! The husband was sitting in the middle of all the chaos in the playroom playing because we only have it for Playstation 2 and asked me if I wanted to try it. I said what the hell because it looks easy when you watch someone else do it. I haven't tried it again but hopefully I'll be rockin' out some next week!

Things I'm totally excited about that it makes me pee my pants just a little thinking about: Big Brother 10. It started Sunday night and I couldn't be more excited about it. I look forward to it EVERY summer and even though the majority of the cast turns out to be total douchebags I still get sucked into it so hard! I've found a kick ass site that posts videos of stuff that goes on during the live feeds and gives recaps of everything that you don't see on the show. They know ahead of time who wins the veto and all the juicy gossip. It's here. Here you get to see all the fights and hear all the cattiness that goes on that would never make it to the air. The husband HATES it when Big Brother starts but he watched it with me Sunday night and I guarantee before the summer is over he'll be hooked too. So far I like April the best. Brian was a frontrunner for me at first but he started playing too hard too soon and I'm pretty sure his little cutie patootie butt will be talking with Julie Chen tonight.

That's really all I have time to touch base on right now. While typing this I've had to scream at both of the boys at least three times to stop picking on each other, take a potty break with A2 who has gone two weeks without pooping in his pants (we're still working on the peeing), put a load of clothes in the dryer, and con A1 into picking up the cat puke that was laying in the middle of my laundry room floor.

Fun times!!

I've got to get up from here and organize all the stuff that we took out of the playroom which is scattered from the living room, down the hallway to their bedrooms, and on the kitchen table. Once I get that done I will officially be finished with organizing each room upstairs. It will take me at least two days to do all of this if not longer but I'm looking forward to walking into that stupid playroom knowing it hasn't been that neat and organized since A1 was A2's age.

Feels good to be back.

21 Comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, I was wondering if your hubby accidently sold you at the yard sale or if a huge pile of stuff fell over and blocked your exit and you got stuck in the basement. Glad to know it's just my over active imagination at work. =)
My daughter has been driving me CRAZY with the whole, can I meet so and so for lunch, can I go play tennis, let's go to Hot Topic, let's go out for dinner, I look cute in this outfit, can we go somewhere, anywhere so I can be seen in public? And if I see her texting on her phone one more time, so help me, I will have to snatch that damn phone up and throw it in the fish tank.
Maybe A1 is just depressed about it and doesn't feel like doing anything. =( Maybe you could have a party for him, and invite his friends all to that for one last blowout.

Meg said...

YAY you're back! I've missed you so. It was like I'd lost my favourite pair of underwear, and now it's like I just found them under the bed and BONUS..they're clean!

I hate yard sales with a passion. The organizing of anyway. The going to is a freaking blast and I always come home with more random shit that makes Hotty Hubby shake his head and die a little inside. Hope it all gets out of your house soon....maybe you could send that Sodor monstrosity out into the backyard afterwards? I cannot believe you let your hubby set that up IN the house!!

I think you should totally have a party for A1..he'll love it after the fact, even if he's sulky about it now. Happy Belated B'day to A2. Three is such a cute age. That's when they start to grow the horns!

Mama Smurf said...

LOL...that was quite an update!

I had all kinds of things to comment on but I lost track and the only one that still sticks in my mind is...

Dude! I haven't seen 135 pounds on my scale in...like....10 pounds ago. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Hey welcome back! And Guitar Hero is AWESOME! :-)

Chasity said...

Welcome back. I, too, am trying to organize, but I learned from my garage sale almost 5 years ago that I would much rather throw out/donate to Good Will all items I don't want anymore. What a hassle. I never want to do it again.

for a different kind of girl said...

Good to see you back! I must get on the stick about organizing things around here, but I just can't bring myself to have a garage sale. The last one I did a couple years ago was a ton of work for little reward. The last few times I've had a fire under me to get rid of stuff, I've just taken it to Goodwill and wrote it off as a donation on the taxes.

Guitar Hero will suck your soul, but it is oh, so worth it!

Amber said...

yay, welcome back. You could get A1 a guinea pig *wheek wheek*.... but then again, knowing teenage boys, you'd better actually want one yourself. :-) I can give you lots of good pointers...

Of course hamsters only live about a year and a half, and gps tend to live between 5-7 years, so maybe you would just want to stick with a hamster. My mom had one for a while, and he was really sweet. He was a Syrian hamster I think. The dwarf ones tend to be mean as ****.

DeeDee said...

Hi ladies!
Heather: You cracked me up with you scenarios. Good to know my kid isn't the only one that texts like crazy. I thought about the party thing and even brought it up to him but he just shrugged his shoulders. Who knows!!

Madwoman: Least you think of me as your favorite pair and not the ones that ride up all the time but you still wear them anyway cuz you hate those awful vpl's! My neighbor had a moving sale and that was the last time I'd been to one. I'm trying to remember how she had everything set up but for the most part I just remember thinking she had a lot of junk for such a snotty attitude!! I'd never been inside her house and just assumed it was immaculate because she was so hoity toity all the time.

thopgood: you can do it! I'll be damned if I don't see my 125 before the summer is up.

alntv and fadkog: I was sooo tempted to stop what I was doing and play me some Guitar Hero last night. I actually had an entire section at the foot of the bed cleared off and it is the perfect spot to sit and play. Too bad we don't have the wireless guitar but if I get really good my very own Guitar Hero for my Wii is going on the birthday/Christmas list since they are so close to each other! We've got Legends but I'd love to have the 80's or Aerosmith one!!

Chas: The only reason I didn't do Goodwill this time is because there was SOO much that I wanted to get rid of and the husband was dead set on me itemizing all of it if I gave it away. He's crazy. I'll give what doesn't sell away for sure and unless I do super awesome this will probably be my last yard sale.

I haven't decided if I'm going to put A2's stuff in the yard sale or not. I've kept it all seperate. I keep getting advice saying I should consign it all. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Amber: :) I'll be sure to keep you in mind if we do get him one. I'm leaning in the very likely direction since we do have all the stuff and he has asked for one several times over the years. Only qualm I have right now is do I really want to do it if we are about to move. I guess he would move just as well as the cat, two dogs and the fish. I was looking at the Teddy Bear hamsters and I think I remember them also being called Syrian so that is probably what I'll look for for sure!

Take care guys!

DeeDee said...

Oops, I started my last comment with just "hey ladies" but I also meant to add "and gents" before I hit publish and I don't know how to go back and edit or if it's even possible!

Sorry guys, literally. ;P

Minor detail I know but I've a touch of the OCD and it bothered me!

Anonymous said...

I click and click and click and you aren't here...geeze...

I am addicted to Rock Band..you can sign, play the guitar, bass and drums..frickin rocks

Heidi said...

Nice to see you again! :)
I can't imagine having a yard sale- I would lose my mind! Good luck, I hope it all goes well! :)
And good luck with the pet thing- Dash got a fish for his birthday 3 years ago and that's too much for me to handle! I don't think I could do a hamster.

Anonymous said...

A small sigh every morning when I check the site and...nothing there. Imagine my joy today!!
Yard sales are a mixed blessing, but with what you've described you've got some cash coming! Don't price things indiviually. Use categories or colored stickers...
Will it be a trauma to move said hamster if you give it to A1?
It's hard to know exactly what to say about that enormous Thomas structure!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was wondering how you were!!!
I cannot believe you cannot get A1 to do anything, my child wants to be anywhere but here and I consider myself kinda cool#$%$???
I remember being his age and you and I were always somewhere. You were mostly with me and looking back I see why now! Good luck on the yard sale and talk to you soon.

Burgh Baby said...

I was starting to wonder about you!

Dude. That is the most ginormous Thomas toy thing of all time. Holy happy toddler!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! After reading that update, I'm exhausted for you and need a nap. :) Good luck with the yard sale! At least there will be less stuff to move, right?

Lola said...

I'm visiting for the first time via Keltic Kaos. Funny stuff. We had a yard sale once and made a ton of money. It was so much work, though, that I've never done it again.

I'm with Moonspun on the colored sticker approach. Just make sure you make a bunch of sings that explain the color code or you'll lose your mind with all the questions. Good luck. I hope you make a lot of money!

Anonymous said...

FYI you can also get BB10 updates from www.jokersupdates.com - that's where I try NOT to cheat at :) we're addicted to BB too, even though its really an awful show :)

Jenny Grace said...

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to step out and live your real life every once in a while, but it's good to hear from you again!

MereCat said...

Good lord you are busy! Oh and just throw in a major move, whydon'tcha? No wonder we haven't heard from you! Great job on losing the weight. The rest will come too. Just get all this moving and birthdays and whatnot behind you.

Anonymous said...

Where the Hey is my update??? I am going into the dt's here... Give me something

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you are still alive?