CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Day Before

Blog? What blog? Who has a blog? Oh, that's right I do! Who has time to blog these days? It seems like there is always something for me to do and never enough time for me to do it all in. Just a quick recap of my weekend: Friday I spent the morning cleaning my baseboards and dusting every piece of furniture in my house. I'm embarrassed to admit that it took two Swiffer duster pads to clean all the furniture, the right way that is. It rained all day long so we didn't get to go to the fair like I had wanted to. We did go out to eat as a family with Friend 1 and her husband and daughter.

I invited Friend 2 but she has three children and said they never take them all out in public at once. She was serious. After we ate we came back here to my sparkling clean house and played Scattergories. It was loads of fun. Hubs and Husband of Friend 1 are usually laid back quiet types but they actually got into it and by the end of the night Husband of Friend 1 had officially annointed himself "judge of all answers".

Saturday Hubs had to work and his motorcycle was "conveniently" delivered to his work that day. Yep, you read that right, he bought a motorcycle. It's a "made in China" one but it's pretty cool. It's small and outfitted with the police lights and siren. He's thinking he wants to sell them to police agencies as a hobby. The retailer told him he'd give him a cut of each bike he sold. I'm just hoping he sells enough to pay for the one he got.

By the time he got home Saturday afternoon and we oohed and aahed over the bike and then went to Sam's and Wal-Mart for our usual weekend grub run Saturday was shot.

Sunday, well, Sunday was an interesting day. My "mother" decided to pay a visit to give A1 and A2 their birthday gifts. (A2 will be 2 on 7-7-7 and A1 will be 13 on 7-19-7, October is a pretty awesome month for me.) It always exhausts me for her to come up for a visit. It's like I'm walking on freaking eggshells just to be around her. The only reason I agree to let her come up here is because A1 thinks she is a hoot and in some way I'm hoping to show him that even though I could give two shits less about her, I'm being the bigger adult for "forgiving" and moving on. He of course doesn't know the whole story with her but knows there isn't the normal "mother/daughter" bond there. You can't help which gene pool you originate from and even if they are truly despicable people your parents are still your parents. She is my case in point.

The good thing about her visits are that she keeps them short. After about an hour and a half she was ready to leave. (Thank the Lord) After she left I had to go to my bedroom and lay down for about 10 minutes to process all the snippy little remarks she rolled out that made me want to jab dull butter knives into her jugular vein. (Hey, I said I was being the bigger person for A1, not you guys!) After that I was done with it and went outside to help Hubs mow the yard.

It's cathartic for me to get on the mower and listen to my iPod while I drive it around. Plus that gave Hubs a chance to get his motorcycle out and show it off to all the kids that were riding their bicycles in the neighborhood. He flashed his lights and bumped the siren for them and they all got a kick out of that.

Yesterday (Monday) was pretty crazy around here. We by that I mean I, didn't really do that much besides pull all the weeds from the landscaping and trim the (outside) hedges but there were five boys in my house almost all day. A1 finally made friends with the neighbor kid down the road that's about 15 and the two boys that just moved into the neighborhood that are 9 and 6 were here. Surprisingly, they were all good together, even with A2 running around wanting to be included some. They played video games and even played outside for a little while. I was just glad to see A1 getting out and being active. He's one that is perfectly content to sit on the couch all day and play on the computer and watch television. Wonder where he got that from??!! I blame anyone else but me.

Today, I've spent most of the day out hunting for Spongebob party supplies. A2 will be celebrating at his grandparents house this weekend with a Spongebob party/cookout. Hubs went and picked up the Spongebob cake pan for me yesterday. Last year I made him a Winnie the Pooh cake. It turned out so-so. I'm going to make him out of a lemon cake with lemon icing and then just use food coloring to decorate his pants and the outlined stuff. I'll take a picture and post it for all two of you that care/read this. If I can dig up the Pooh one from last year I'll post that one too.

I can't believe it will be two years though since my baby was born. It's so sad how freaking fast they grow up. I don't even want to talk about A1's birthday yet, I might cry. He's going to be a teenager and that just seems so strange to me.

Don't have any plans for the 4th yet. We'll probably hunt up a fireworks show around here. Too bad it's right in the middle of the week and not against the weekend. What are your plans? Anything fun or exciting? I promise to not scream at you if you hit the comment button. Although I did get my first SPAMMER last week. It was some freaking comment from Rodrigo(?) and it was in Portuguese saying something about how he liked my blog and wanted me to come to his website that sold T-shirts. I only know what it said because I Googled the entire message and it came up about a thousand times from other people's blogs. It was promptly deleted, but I'll keep yours as long as your nice.

Boring true confession time: I haven't worked out once since before vacation, until last night. I did go play racquetball once with Hubs but that doesn't really count. I've been eating horribly and drinking Cokes like they are going out of style. Yep, I'm a southern girl so any form of carbonated beverage is referred to as a Coke. We found an awesome sale on them at K-mart (Five 12-packs for $11) and since we are "buy in bulk" freaks, we bought in bulk.

Anyway, I've felt terrible about myself for not working out over the past three weeks and not being able to button a pair of short that I could before vacation and couldn't stand it any longer. So, last night I finally made myself go downstairs to work out. Today....I'm sore and that makes me sad because before, I had worked past all of that soreness, so it's as if I'm starting over at square one all over again. I'm making Hubs take pictures tomorrow night for Thursday's post. You've been warned.

What in the crap is it going to take for me to lose this weight? Not allowing my "mother" to come back again will greatly help the situation. After she left.....I ate two Twinkies. Sad I know. I did get a compliment from Hubs last night though, he told me that my back looked good as I was getting out of the shower. I think he was hoping to score. I didn't believe him so he crapped out.

So that's my last couple of days in a nutshell. I'm sitting here snagging some stuff off Limewire as I post. It's been a while since I've gotten anything and I'm almost embarrassed to admit what I'm getting but I'll tell anyway since it's just you guys.......The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack! Can you believe there are several people who have the entire thing on there! Now I will too, W0oo0T!!

I'm listening to "Sweet Transvestite" right now. I just got through the "Time Warp"! Yay, I just found Hot Patootie......{Imagine you hear Meatloaf's voice singing out- "Hot Patootie, bless my soul, I really love that rock and roll"..........oh, sorry, that was really suppose to just stay in my head!} Man, I need to get a life or just make better use of this one!

Happy 4th of July to all of you. May you all eat til your hearts content and enjoy some beautiful fireworks. Stay safe whatever you decide to do!

1 Comments:

Think Positive said...

Happy Fourth R Family! We're having some friends over for grilling and swimming. We're going to head downtown afterwards. Wish yall could come!

I got your email about 7-7-7. I'll make the calls tomorrow promise. I'm going to do my best to be there. Would love to see everybody!

Sorry that bitch is still well a bitch. I love ya girl.

Smooches to A1 and A2. I can hear the gross here from A1 lol.

Psst I know of a few people who read here via a blog reader and love your blog FWIW.

See ya 7-7-7!