Monday, June 11, 2007

Panama City Beach Day: 1

What a long day!! I'm sitting here in my room, which is awesomer than awesome, tired as a dog. We got up early (for me) and got on the road. I think we left my Daddy's house at about 8:15 this morning. We had to stop for ice but that was it. We had to make a pit stop and pick up the other crew but after we got all of them we were on the road for our 8+ hour drive.....that I made in my car by the way. All the guys rode in the other car which worked out perfectly.

We drove for what seemed like an eternity but once we got onto Front Beach Drive I saw the place where my friends and I bungee jumped back in '93 when we came down here for our senior trip and I knew we had finally made it. It's weird how some of the stuff down here still looks the same after all this time. We drove by the Holiday Inn and I had to smile thinking about all the good fun we had there.

We made it here to our place by 6:30 and it is gorgeous. It has two bedrooms and a bunk room for the boys. Hubby and I snagged the master bedroom with the king size bed since A2 has to sleep with us. I am in LOVE with the bed I'm sitting on right now by the way. I climbed up in it and literally sank into it. I'd be happy to spend vacation right here in this bed. I'll take a picture of it and post it later. Wouldn't you know my camera died about five minutes after we got here.

We got all our stuff hauled in and I put all of ours away so we wouldn't have to live out of our bags. I hate that. Once we got settled in we walked over to a little cafe across from our hotel and ate there. We were too tired to go any farther than across the street.

We didn't get back to the room until about 9:30 and unfortunately the pools close at 10 here so the guys put their trunks on super fast and went down to jump in. A1, Nephew and A2 were the only ones that got in. They splashed around for about 20 minutes and then we walked down to the private beach.

Wasn't sure how A2 would do since he has YET to hop inside his sandbox on his own but once his little feet hit the sand he was hooked. We took him down so that the waves could hit his feet and he loved that. I can't wait until tomorrow when he can actually see it roll in and hit him. He decided he had enough of that and he wanted to just stroll along the beach so he and I broke away from the pack. We walked around for about 15 minutes and then all decided to come back in.

We've made it back to the room and everyone is in there watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2 so I'm going to just hang out in here watching some Seinfeld or maybe even some more of my MTV stuff online. The air card I'm using isn't that great so I may not be able to watch the stuff online in here. I'm beat anyway and for some reason I have tried to watch the first Pirates of the Caribbean twice now and have fallen asleep during it both times so it would do me no good to try to watch the second one right now.

Tomorrow I guess we'll go down to the beach or the pool and hang out. We aren't much on making plans so we'll just play it all by ear. I'll try to post again tomorrow.

Ta-ta for now.


Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are having the time of your life. Please be sure and take plenty of pics I can see when you get back. OBTW, please tell Big Bubba sorry I didn't email or call on the birthday. Kindof hard to get my head out of my butt these days. Place looks totally swank! I am sure my lil JGD is going to be jealous as all get out when he sees it. Love you guys, be careful and have tons of fun. P.S. You looked great in your kini so I am sure Bub will be throwing those looks out telling the men to "back off his woman". Or maybe he can just walk in front of them and fart. Those silent missles are totally deadly!